[cvsnt-dev] Does anyone use 'Archive' bit on files any more?

Mark Roddy markr at hollistech.com
Sat Apr 24 12:16:06 BST 2004

There is actually an interface for reading/writing "extended attribute" data
on files that is supported by both FAT32 and NTFS, although the win32 API is
not present, so you would have to dive into the actual NT api (NtQueryEaFile
and NtSetEaFile.) These apis allow you to have named attribute data
associated with a file, which would be exactly what you want here. Of course
using undocumented interfaces has issues.
--

Mark Roddy
markr at hollistech.com

news:c6chc5$69s$1 at paris.nodomain.org...