[cvsnt-dev] Re: Return codes of CVS (TortoiseCVS: #1068733)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Dec 1 12:17:40 GMT 2004

Andreas Tscharner wrote:
> Hello World,
>
> At the moment, TortoiseCVS checks for certain keywords that trigger an
> action. As for CVSNT 2.0.58d, the sspi protocol replies with the
> localized Windows message that breaks TortoiseCVS.
>
> I was wondering: I thought CVSNT would return specific and unique return
> codes. Isn't this the case or why does TortoiseCVS check for words and
> not check for the return code?

The return code is basically 0 for success or 1 for failure.  The reason
could be many things (especially with SSPI, which doesn't really tell
you much about the failure.. even the Windows messages are fairly generic).

I could look at adding other ones at some point... not sure how easy it
would be to propogate it back to the user though.