[cvsnt-dev] About using CVSROOT\passwd in NT

zhang zxpmyth at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Dec 10 03:02:26 GMT 2004

Client version            => 2.0.61
Frontend                  => Command Line
Operating System          => WinXP
Server version            => 2.0.61 and 2.0.62

I want to use new user which does not exist in Operating System. I have created a file
CVSROOT\passwd. In it, I put that:
         tom:3QW/MsetnuDBA:administrator

In command line, I do those:
	set CVSROOT=:pserver:tom at 192.168.168.168:/repo
	cvs login

When I input bad passwd, it show that:
	cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server 192.168.168.168 rejected
access
 to /repo for user tom

However, when I input correct passwd, I can't login successfully and it shows that:
	Fatal error, aborting.
	cvs [login aborted]: administrator: no such user

I have tried to modify the sources, but it doesn't success.

--
zhang <zxpmyth at yahoo.com.cn>