[cvsnt-dev] sspi protocol implementation

Clayton Harbour claytonharbour at sporadicism.com
Thu Dec 30 20:25:08 GMT 2004

Hi, I am trying to implement the sspi protocol for a cvs client and am
running across some issues.  From watching the default cvs client it
looks like I am sending the correct information.  I have included
descriptions of what I think the tokens being passed back and forth
below which reflect my understanding of what is going on (and may be
incorrect).

C: BEGIN SSPI\n
C: Negotiate,NTLM\n
S: Negotiate\n

C: [negotiate message]        -- HANGING AFTER SEND --
S: [challenge message]
C: [authenticate message]

S: I LOVE YOU\n       [or: I HATE YOU]

As you can see my client is hanging after the negotiate message.
Although in cvsnt all 3 items seem to be exchanged on the same line I
tried terminating the message with a \n because I thought the server
might be waiting for some sort of termination but this did not seem to
work.  The strings being sent appear identical in any case so I am
really lost as to what is going on here, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Clayton