[cvsnt-dev] Reported ActiveState Komodo issue

Will Senn will_senn at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 15:31:06 BST 2004

Hi all,

Thanks for your contribution to the Windows community. I like the fact
that cvsnt supports sspi. Were y'all aware that Komodo refuses to
interoperate with your cvs client?  Here's the info:

-------------snip
Will Senn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I set up a CVS server on my Windows XP Professional box so that I
> could use the cvs integration with Komodo (Komodo doesn't do RCS or
> I'ld of been pleased as punch to use that...). Imagine my surprise
> when I was presented with: CVS integration has been disabled in Komodo
> because the CVSNT client is incompatible with Komodo -- use a CVS
> client from cvshome.org. message. I took a trip over to the bug
> database and searched on CVSNT - nothing found.
>
> What's up, why is it incompatible?

It has a bad habit of hanging instead of exiting properly when it's
done.  We never figured out the problem, and the main distribution
didn't have it, so we stuck with the main distribution.

> I'm not the biggest fan of CVS, but if I gotta use it to get source
> control in Komodo, so be it - but I need it to be a server and CVSNT
> is the only windows CVS server AFAIK.

You can run CVSNT for the server, and put the main distribution cvs.exe
in a different directory, then point komodo at that.

Regards,

This is not as easy as it sounds. I would prefer it if CVSNT and
ActiveState Komodo would just 'get along' :)

What do y'all think? Is this something worth tracking down and possibly
fixing (I use Komodo all the time, however, I just check out the sandbox
and do admin from the command line, painful though it can be) .

Thanks,

Will