[cvsnt-dev] Re: Python error on cvs.cvsnt.org

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jun 25 15:58:54 BST 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:28:29 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:12:51 -0700 (PDT), Jason Heirtzler
><jheirtzler at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>If this isn't the correct mailing list
>>please let me know...
>>
>>Viewing WinCVS code is giving a Python
>>error, e.g.
>>
>>http://cvs.cvsnt.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvsnt/README?rev=1.12&view=auto
>>
>>It was working fine a few weeks ago, when
>>I last tried it.
>>
>>Anyone know who owns admins this server?
>>
>Viewcvs breaks with extreme regularity, and I've no idea why.  I'll
>probably just ditch it eventually as it's too much work to keep going.

To explain a bit more... it's not the fault of ViewCVS usually  - it's
basically every time I update the server and something in the
environment changes, it blows up with the stack dump that it's giving
at the moment.. it's a lot of work to find out where it's crashed and
trace what in the environment has changed, then either patch the
python code or move some files around... 2-3 hours work often and I'm
not inclined to keep doing it for the minimal benefit that viewcvs
gives.