[cvsnt-dev] Re: Random thoughts - changesets

Björn Carlsson bc at passagen.se
Wed Mar 31 18:51:59 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> 4. Similar to (3), a directory can contain files from many branches.
> Let's say I have a directory a, containing files from branches foo,
> bar, and baz, as well as HEAD.  I then rename a to b.  What happens to
> the files from the branches?
>
> Tony

Head/a/file1
Foo/a/file2
bar/a/file3
baz/a/file4

all in working copy /mixed/file1...file4
renamed to

*Head/b/file1
Foo/b/file2
bar/b/file3
baz/b/file4*

Perhaps the repository directory 'a' contains file1 to file10 in all of
the branches, so I believe that you now have moved to *Head/a/file1 *to
*Head/b/file1* and *Head/a/file2...file10* remains. I think you will
have to look at the files with complete paths. Ideas from SubVersion :-)
. Do you think that might be a way?

In this way your commit have created a new directory/branch '*b*'
containing the files from your working copy, and removed them from the
other directories, seems reasonable.

/Björn Carlsson
http://www.versionsupport.com/