[cvsnt-dev] build 2053 environment variable woes

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Aug 9 11:46:49 BST 2005

Tony,

I'm getting some strange things happening with build 2053...

For some reason, the CVSROOT environment variable isn't being picked up
correctly:

 $ cvs ls
cvs ls: CVSROOT "CVSROOT" must be an absolute pathname
cvs [ls aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.

But its correctly set:

dsomers at garamond ~ $ echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:caslon:/omz13

And if manually specified, works correctly:

dsomers at garamond ~ $ cvs -d $CVSROOT ls
Listing modules on server

CVSROOT
_omz13_
faces
inet
prj

It looks like something has gone SNAFU in src/main.cpp ... I see you've
stopped using getenv and now use CProtocolLibrary::GetEnvironment...

--
David Somers
VoIP: FWD 622885