[cvsnt-dev] Re: install on 64bit machines

Richard Wirth r.wirth at wirthware.de
Mon Jan 17 15:21:26 GMT 2005

Hello Tony,

TH> Richard Wirth wrote:
>> Hello Tony,
>>
>>   the configure doesn't detect installation path on 64bit targets
>>   correctly (linux target in this case).
>>   The whole stuff gets linked correctly against the libraries in lib64
>>   directories, but the install installes in 'lib' (the 32bit library
>>   directory).
>>   So I have to explicitly configure --libdir=/usr/local/lib64 :-(
>>
TH> You will have to do this... there's no standard for the place 64bit
TH> libraries go on the various platforms (it even varies across versions of
TH> linux).

So why does configure recognizes to which libraries to link to? It
corectly uses the libs from lib64 directory. So there must be a way to
atomaticaly detect this (I think gcc is already choosing the correct
intsall dir automaticaly).
But I will have a look at the configure script and tell you if I've
found a way...

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:r.wirth at wirthware.de