[cvsnt-dev] Re: building cvsnt

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jan 25 12:53:26 GMT 2005

Dennis wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
>     I'm building cvsnt from the source code. I want to eliminate "\r\n"
> conversion for .c/.cpp/.mk files since I edit them on the samba share of
> some unix host in windows. However i have several doubts:

You want to deliberately corrupt your repository.  Do not do this.

>     (2) would you suggest which files i should alter to skip "\r\n"
> conversion for checkout/get/commit? (maybe getdelim.c? and others?)

The *is* no conversion.  It's built into the operating system.  You
would have to rewrite the file I/O layer.

Furthermore if you do manage to break the client in this way future
versions of the server will not allow you to commit as they now have
checks to protect the integrity of the repository.

>     (3) is it possible to compile it using vc6.0 (my favorite version)? I

No.