[cvsnt-dev] Re: building cvsnt

Dennis freelance96 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 16:58:25 GMT 2005

"Dennis" <freelance96 at gmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:ct5tjk$jus$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> From: "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org>
>>>     I'm building cvsnt from the source code. I want to eliminate "\r\n"
>>> conversion for .c/.cpp/.mk files since I edit them on the samba share of
>>> some unix host in windows. However i have several doubts:
>>
>> You want to deliberately corrupt your repository.  Do not do this.
>
> I'm commiting files always in unix style. (0x0a only)
> And moreover i will always convert 0d0a to 0a.

I found that in client.c, it seems ok for me to just change

     fd = CVS_OPEN (temp_filename,
      (O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC
       | (binw ? OPEN_BINARY : 0)),
      0777);

     fd = CVS_OPEN (temp_filename,
      (O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC
      | OPEN_BINARY),
//       | (binw ? OPEN_BINARY : 0)),
      0777);

 Since it's a 'write' operation to local files, i think that won't affect
the repository.

Dennis