[cvsnt-dev] 2.5.02.2040 compilation fails under Linux

Richard Wirth richard at wirthware.de
Wed Jul 27 07:55:42 BST 2005

Hello Tony,

TH> Richard Wirth wrote:

>> There are some (minor) issues when building 64 bit binaries:
>>
>> In cvsapi/cvs_string.cpp the compiler complains about short used with
>> va_arg(): "'short int' is promoted to 'int' when passed through '...'"
>> (line 203 ff.)

TH> It does that in 32bit too on some architectures (sparc is one of the iirc).

TH> It depends on how the arch implements its arguments.. the routine is
TH> primarily so I can catch potential null parameters (which cause solaris
TH> to blow up) in the windows and linux builds as well.  It's too darned
TH> useful to only have during debug, as I've found more than once since
TH> adding it....  I'm not sure how to test for it.. might end up with a
TH> huge string of ifdefs.

I would have done this by checkking for GCC also ;-) It's quite ok for
the moment, I think

>> In cvsapi/odbc/OdbcConnection.cpp all calls to SQLSetEnvAttr() the

>> In cvsapi/odbc/OdbcRecordset.h long and int are mixed up for variables

These are almost the changes I had already made to make it compile
here, so I should have committed my changes. And not only taking about
it to keep you busy ;) I apologise for that!

And - great! - the database support can be disabled now! thanks! Now I
can at liest build on Solaris again.
But (you know, there are some persons out there that are never
satisfied, they always have to grumble) what about having the option
to specify the location for mysql_config and pg_config if it's not on
the path? It could be done via '--with-mysql-config=/opt/mysql/bin':

mysql_conf_path=""
enable_mysql="yes"
AC_ARG_WITH(mysql,
    [  --with-mysql=Path
                               Path to search for mysql_config],
    [if test "$withval" = "no"; then
      enable_mysql="no"
      else
      mysql_conf_path=$withval
    fi],
    [enable_mysql="no"])
if test "$enable_mysql" = "yes"; then
  AC_PATH_PROG(MYSQ_CONFIG,mysql_config,[],$mysql_conf_path)

This will allow to switch of mysql by '--without-mysql' and to have a
mysql_config in a location not on the path
'--with-mysql=/opt/mysql/bin'

Same for PostreSQL..

Shall I commit these changes?

--