[cvsnt-dev] Re: Bug in Build 1910

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Mar 22 15:04:00 GMT 2005

Richard Wirth wrote:
> Hello Tony,
>
>   just discovered a bug:
>
>   'cvs -q diff .cvsignore' is working - but
>   'cvs -q diff -kk .cvsignore' fails with:
> 10:59:41: S -> RCS_getversion(<NULL>,<NULL>,1)
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot open file .cvsignore for comparing: No
> such file or directory
>
> any hints?

No idea... I didn't know diff had a -k option.

You're forcing a file comparison where the files are identical - this
just causes RCS_cmp_file to fall over (since the client won't send an
unchanged file to the server).  If you put a -r option in there it works
as it checks out the two revisions for comparison.

diff -kk wouldn't do anything sensible though - you can't change the
expansion option of the already existing file so you'd just cause all
the keywords to show up as different.