[cvsnt-dev] Re: Build of cvsnt 2.05.03.2141 under HPUX: Crash in server mode

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Nov 14 10:21:47 UTC 2005

Jan Giesen wrote:
> Dear Tony,
>
> since the number of HPUX versions of cvsnt under
> http://www.cvsnt.org/archive is rather limited,
> I have started to build the recent cvsnt version 2.05.03.2141 under HPUX
> 11.11 myself.
> Since I have no admin rights, I could not build cvsnt for the default
> location "/usr/local" but for
> a location "/project/stream"
>
> I have managed it to get it build, nevertheless severals issues must be
> solved before the build
> works:
>
> 1. cvstn can only be build for HPUX 11.11, since HPUX 11.00 and elder

We only support 11.11i/PA-RISC at present.  The sources build out of the
box, but since the build environment for hpux is rather challenging it's
easier to stick with our binary builds.... the selection of compiler for
example is critical - our build is tuned for a particular version of gcc
3.4.3.

> Do you have an idea, what could be the reason for this crash?  Libtool? HPUX
> linker?

The latest build done internally is build 2130 which seems to work,
however due to the amount of work involved in making it run (each
version is a mimumum 2-3 days work) the builds are normally only done as
needed by support customers.