[cvsnt-dev] Re: Trace differences between HPUX and Linux

Jan Giesen jan.giesen at web.de
Tue Nov 22 00:11:12 UTC 2005

"Tony Hoyle" <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote in message
news:dlghti$t2m$2 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Jan Giesen wrote:
>
> > Under Linux  I get the info "checkout trigger not enabled", but not
under
> > Unix.
> > Both executables are compiled from the same source code and operate on
the
> > same
> > repository files. This behaviour is seen on 2.5.02.2115 as well as under
> > 2.5.02.2151.
> > What could be the reason for this difference??
>
> The 'not enabled' comes from the trigger itself, depending on the
> setting of 'CheckoutTrigger' in /etc/cvsnt/Plugins.
>
> In the HPUX case it seems that this plugin is enabled.
>
> Tony

An investigation of the problem has shown that under HPUX the loading
of the trigger libraries is broken:
Only the first trigger library "default_trigger.sl" (= info_trigger.cpp) is
loaded
correctly. The corresponding "init" function is called correctly. But
of the next trigger libraries e.g. audit_trigger.sl goes wrong: The
corresponding
GetCvsInfo function is still invoked and returns a pointer to a "callbacks"
struct. But the entries of the callbacks struct are still initialized with
the values
of the first trigger library "default_trigger.sl". Therefore the "init"
function of
the default_trigger lib is called instead of the "init" function of the
"audit_trigger"
lib. This is the reason, why the info "..trigger not enabled" is not
generated.

When I rename "audit_trigger.sl" to "default_trigger.sl" indeed the "init"
function
of the audit_trigger lib is called.

What could be the reason that the "callbacks" struct is not correctly
initialized??

Best regards
                         Jan Giesen