[cvsnt-dev] Legal concerns about OpenSSL

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Thu Oct 20 07:12:47 BST 2005

Hello Tony, hello World,

The CVSNT package has been uploaded by my sponsor, but it was on hold
more than a week, so I investigated a bit why...

The OpenSSL FAQ about use with GPL software:
http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#LEGAL2

On the Debian Reject-FAQ (http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html),
I've found a note that it's OK to link with OpenSSL if the author gives
a license exception to explicitely permit that.

Is there any notice or something in the source, binary program or on the
webpage, so I can reference to it?

Sorry for bothering about legal issues.

Thanks and best regards
	Andreas