[cvsnt-dev] Test RCS files

Brian Post bpost at 80-20.com
Thu Apr 20 21:23:35 UTC 2006

Hello I have a couple of  dev questions about CVSNT & how I would go about
contributing back to the CVSNT community.

We had started our project 3 months before we knew about audit logging &
that the default history file wouldn't help very much. Also it took about
that long before TortoiseCVS suttported the bugid options (It was only
available in the unstable builds).

Because of all of the above, those of us who used the command line have
bugids associated with their checkins & those who only used Tortoise didn't
(for most of their checkins before using unstable build which supported
bugids).

This meant at a minimum I needed to get the comment for every file in our
tree. For this purpose I created a Python 2.4.1 build 247 (ActiveState Corp)
project to scan a folder tree countaining our project's RCS files. This
produces a tab delimitered text file which could be imported into a database
to use its search capabilities.

This file contains the folowing which I thought relevant
    Cvs filename    /DmeDoc/AddressBook/AB.ico
    Full filename    C:\DME_CVS-NT\DmeDoc\AddressBook\AB.ico,v
    Revision
    Author
    Bugid
    Comment
    Commitid
    Date
    Filename        AB.ico

1.    Where would I put this project so others who would like this
capability can get access to it?
2.    Does the CVSNT source tree contain any RCS files which it uses to test
against? I found around 15 files which had enough differences to stop my
parser.

Cheers All, Keep up the great product.