[cvsnt-dev] Changing Time

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 1 13:50:27 BST 2006

David Somers wrote:
> Ummm... slight SNAFU: what if the client and server are in different
> timezones? Probably need to get the client to mangle -Z or -z LT to the
> numeric form (-z +nnnn/-nnnn) when sending to the server instead of sending
> as is.

That's what I just checked in (it's exactly how the -T options work
except they just send the offsets rather than mangling them).

One thing I noticed is that doesn't cope with DST well... I'm not sure
there's an easy way around that, since different platforms have
different ideas of how to express timezones eg. 'Europe/London' works
fine on Linux, but not HPUX, and Windows doesn't even have names for its
timezones...