[cvsnt-dev] Changing Time

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 1 16:50:01 BST 2006

David Somers wrote:

> For Windows, you'll have to glark it from:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

We have the code for windows (GetTimeZoneInformation, as used in the
file routines for the DST fix) but I can't think of an easy way to make
that work cross platform...

Standard Unix TZ format is supposed to be like
GMT0BST1,M3.5.0/01:00,M10.5.0/02:00 which I reckon you could derive from
the windows timezone information, *however* OS support for the format
varies wildly, even though it's been standard since 1996 or
thereabouts..  Win32 of course does not support that format...