[cvsnt-dev] build 2.5.04.2428 unable to compile on Linux

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sun Aug 20 16:30:16 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> David Somers wrote:
>>
>> They are in sub-dirs... but ufc-crypt is being pulled in in a sibling dir
>> (wrt cvsapi)... that's the ever-so-subtle difference.
>
> They're all sibling directories.. I didn't list the subdirectories
> (things like libntlm).

Maybe its because its a .a and not a .la and so something different is
happening... man, just *thining* of *looking* into those am files gives me
a headache... and I think libufc.a is the only time you pull in a .a.

> Doesn't it just do configure;make;make install?

More-or-less. Its the more bit that the problem... gentoo builds everything
in a sandpit, and does lots of checks to make sure you're not doing
silly/stupid/dangerous things... its a very sweet way of doing things, but
when it breaks its a right pain in the arse to work out why and fix.

Its defiantly a gentoo portage/ebuild issue since the build works fine and
only fails when doing so under portage/ebuild.

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever