[cvsnt-dev] Re: cvs import broke in 2.5.04.2400 on gentoo/gnu/linux

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sun Jul 23 11:55:48 UTC 2006

David Somers wrote:
> BTW, I'm seeing that commitid isn't written into the ,v files for the 1.1
> and 1.1.1.1 revisions (but it is for 1.1.1.2 and onwards).

That's because import doesn't go via the standard RCS routines - it just
creates files itself.  Just needs adding to the import specific routines.

> I sae you made some changes onto the main branch for src/rcs.cpp with a
> comment about getting import to work... is it worth merging those changes
> into the 2_0_x branch?

I completely changed the way it works and the two aren't really compatible -
2.5.x really is stuck with the old one.  If I were to put the new one in there
it'd probably upset a few people who are used to the old way (2.6 is enough of
an upgrade that people won't mind so much).