[cvsnt-dev] Re: postgres doesn't do INSERT ... RETURNS

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jul 24 17:22:15 UTC 2006

David Somers wrote:
> I see you've committed a change... looks good... am testing now.

I also switched pqexec to ascii and reverted the recordset change - the
problem being we don't know the format of the original field (the internal
field types aren't documented very well) so if someone does an int() on a text
field that needs to work as does a char*() on an int field... in other drivers
I've asked for a limited selection of binary formats from the server and just
do on the fly conversion - not so easy with postgres since in binary mode it
returns native data and you'd need to know the internal format of every type
that might be returned..

tony