[cvsnt-dev] Re: cvsapi for non-c++ coders?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Jun 9 12:30:54 UTC 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> It would be a major undertaking to handle something like that -
> possibly months of work.

Understood.

> I do intend to expose limited parts of the API to COM to help COM
> trigger libraries but there are no plans for the whole API to be made
> that way.

I probably wouldn't need it all anyway. So far I was just thinking
about the three(?) standard dialogs and the CCvsGui/CRunFile stuff.

> I don't think it's practical to make a C interface.

Well, at least that would be (more) accessible, e.g. for Delphi.

BTW: Two examples of making C++ classes accessible to Delphi (one using
a C-style "flat" interface and one using a pure virtual ancestor class)
can be found here:
http://rvelthuis.de/articles/articles-cppobjs.html

Cheers,

--