[cvsnt-dev] build 2.5.04.2442 broke under gentoo

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Sep 8 11:19:26 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Did you ever fix this?

Sorry, no. I've very little time at the moment to look into this .

(I got planning permission to do some construction work on my land and I've
got to complete everything in the next few weeks... so that is taking
priority over everything else... especially considering how long it took me
to negotiate with the relevant authorities/ministries - ah, the joys of
living in a conservation zone.)

BTW, cvsnt doesn't build under GCC 4.x ... I've got a patch here that seems
to work... will commit the necessary change later today.

> I can't test that as I don't do VPATH builds (or
> indeed know precisely what they even are...)

Richard Wirth seems to know it.
And gentoo's ebuild system seems to use them.

I guess that somewhere there is an absolute rather than a relative path that
is the problem. I had a cursory look at the changes to the makefiles
between builds and nothing obvious jumped out as to why the build is now
broken.

David