[cvsnt-dev] [cvsnt] cvs question-IMPORTANT

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 17:29:00 BST 2006

Seems a reasonable hardware setup to me.
The cvsnt server isn't very new (and newer ones could indeed fix the
problem) but it's the version we're using at my workplace since
"ever", with no problems AFAIK. I'm not sure however whether we have
files with 2 hundred revisions already...

So... we'll need more information on the problem, if you'd prefer to
not upgrade.

1) If the problem is reproducible, what are the steps to reproduce it?
2) Else, what operation triggers the problem? How often does it occur?
Does the server often hit low memory situation? (How many users access
this server and the cvs server?) How many users access these specific
uses files and how frequently?
3) Does the server have have a swapfile set up?
4) Should you really have that much revisions in these files or
can/should you fix your process? ;-)

Regards,
Flávio