[cvsnt-dev] alloc error when using install-strip

Jens Miltner jum at mac.com
Fri Jan 12 07:56:54 GMT 2007

Am 11.01.2007 um 23:55 schrieb Arthur Barrett:

> Jens,
>
>> I have rebuilt cvsnt 2.5.03.2182 locally for Mac OS X (Intel).
>
> Why this build - current stable is 2.5.03.2382, current testing is
> 2.5.04.x

Because that was the build we had running w/o problems on our server
before we switched to an Intel server and I wanted to fix the
endianness problem in the Mac OS X resource fork support without
getting other variables into the game...

>> And why doesn't this happen with the distributed Mac OS X Intel
>> binaries,
>> which, AFAIK, are built using the "build-mac-multi" script  in
>> cvsnt/osx/,
>> which also uses "make install-strip" to install the  distribution
>> files?
>
> Yes - 2.5.03.2382 was built from that script with both PPC and Intel.

Did you ever encounter a problem when using make install-strip?
(I'm happy for now to use plain "make install", but I'm curious to
what the issue is that's caused by the stripping...)

</jum>