[cvsnt-dev] Is there way to debug CVS server from within VS2003 editor?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 05:55:54 GMT 2008

In VS2003, is there a way to attach to the CVS process and put a breakpoint
in the CVS code and step through the code line by line?  I manage to attach
to the cvsservice, and put a breakpoint in DoCvsThread() method (line 739),
but not quite sure how to step through from that point to be able to break
in commit.cpp itself.  I'm able to step through to RunFile (line 185) where
it seems like the cvs process is launched, but there is no way I can be
quick enough to attach the CVS process in time.  I've put a breakpoint in
commit.cpp, in the long shot that it might somehow be attached, but no such
luck.

Is there an easier way to do this?  How do you guys debug this?  Is there
any way to debug this thru the editor?

Thanks,

Eric