[cvsnt-dev] Is there way to debug CVS server from within VS2003 editor?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Feb 11 23:51:08 GMT 2008

Eric,

> I guess there was never any part of the CVS design to have the cvs.exe
> listen to the port in the foreground?  (kind of like a non-spawned daemon
> in linux).  That would avoid the need for the cvsservice wrapper while
> devleopping / testing...

I think that is what the "fork" protocol is for...

I pretty much always just stick TRACE statements in wherever I want to
debug, build a release build, install on a testing box and go from there.
It's (much) slower that Tony's way, but reflects the differences in the type
of work we are each doing - Tony is doing major feature work and I'm doing
the odd bug fix and small feature.

Regards,

Arthur