[cvsnt-dev] Is there way to debug CVS server from within VS2003 editor?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 06:13:58 GMT 2008

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote in message
news:foqh1c$cjf$1 at paris.nodomain.org...

> I think the other thing I've seen Tony do is put a wait() in server_start
> or something - yes - just found it CVS_SERVER_SLEEP set it to a big number
> and the server process will sleep for a while before getting on with the
> job.

Hmmm - I searched the entire solution for CVS_SERVER_SLEEP but can't figure
out how to use it.  I created an environment variable  CVS_SERVER_SLEEP and
gave it a value of 45 and even set it at the command line as well, but
server.cpp doesn't seem to be picking it up.  I added a TRACE() call at like
6073 inside the if( CVS_SERVER_SLEEP) block to display it sleeping, but it
isn't being triggered.

Am I missing the obvious how to set this?  I even restarted the cvsservice
just in case it was something silly like that but to no avail.

Thanks,

Eric