[cvsnt-dev] missing newline at end of CVS/Entries

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Apr 28 01:50:08 BST 2009

Jens,

>> What version of Xcode?
>
> 3.1.2
>

>> Under what 'situations' does this occur?
>
> I can reproduce it when "discarding changes", i.e. update with a fresh
> copy from the repository

I would have tested with Xcode 1.5 (Mac OS X 10.3.7) and/or Xcode 2.2 (Mac
OS X 10.4.11) both use CVS 1.10 by default I believe.

I just tried using Xcode 2.2 (Mac OS X 10.4.11) with the latest CVS Suite
2008 and the "discard changes" works OK - I made changes to src/commit.cpp,
and discarded them then made changes to src/admin.cpp and discarded that
too - no errors.

So it looks like it may have been a bug introduced after Xcode 2.2 (maybe in
3.x), or more likely it is a bug in CVS 1.12 (since that's an unstable
release anyway).  I did contact Apple (quite a while ago) about considering
replacing CVS 1.10 with CVSNT 2.5 since it's a) more modern and b) provides
support for mac specific features (largely due to your help), and I got back
an acknowledgement that it would be considered / passed along but that is
all.

If we could get some momentum behind Mac users of CVSNT all writing that
they'd prefer to see the CVSNT client installed by default in Snow Leopard,
especially if Apple are already considering shipping the unstable 1.12...

Regards,

Arthur