[cvsnt-dev] cvsnt - bug in tag operation

Krzysztof Nowak k.nowak at osmosys.tv
Wed Jul 22 07:31:22 BST 2009

Arthur Barrett pisze:
> Krzysztof,
>

>> We have found serious bug while performing two RTAG operations in
>> parallel.
>>

> Performing two RTAG operations in parallel is not a 'typical' workflow -
> therefore it is quite likely there is a much much better (more efficient and
> more supported) way to achieve the same result.
>
> If you can send a post to the mailing list explaining WHY you need to tag
> the same files with two different tags - describing in as much detail as
> possible your business process and the desired outcome in business terms
> (ie: the desired outcome is NOT two tags on the same revision, but maybe the
> ability to query xyz, etc etc) then we can probably provide some helpful
> pointers to you.

We are making builds from different branches. Each build has its unique
name and this name is used to RTAG source files in CVS.
As these are different branches, two (or more) RTAG operations are
performed in parallel from different build machines.
In case there is only one build machine, we could run builds
sequentially, but having more than one build machines, it is more efficient
to run builds in parallel.

Regards,
Krzysztof Nowak