[Cvsnt] Creating a new repository on ntserver not possible

Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com
Thu Dec 6 17:35:30 GMT 2001

I have done this, but still got this "bad Repository root" message...

I have set
CVSROOT=:ntserver:servername:d:/user/cvs

Any ideas????

Thanks in advance

Peter
----- Weitergeleitet von Peter Prokesch/EHWETZER/DE am 06.12.2001 18:28 -----

                    "Terris"
                    <terris at terri        An:     cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
                    s.com>               Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:        Thema:  Re: [Cvsnt] Creating a new repository on ntserver not possible
                    cvsnt-admin at c
                    vsnt.org

                    06.12.2001
                    02:08

The only time you should use a local CVSROOT
is when using "cvs init"

cvs -d c:/cvs init

After that, CVSROOT should start with :ntserver:

<Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com> wrote in message
news:OF81D9703D.F1AD3810-ONC1256B19.0030EBBA at wetzer.endress.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just starting with cvs and have tried out the local mode using wincvs.
(works
> perfectly fine)
>
> Now I'm switching to ntserver and I'm running into problems creating a new
> repository on the server machine.
> Scenario 1:
> Using cvsnt 1.11.1.2 Build 41, WinCVS 1.3
> Trying WinCVS with "Create new Repository" and the following settings:
> authentication: ntserver
> path: c:/mpk/cvs/nt
> host address: cm-service
> user name:    (blank)
> CVSROOT: @cm-service:c:/mpk/cvs/nt
>
> creates an output:
> cvs -d :ntserver:@cm-service:c:/mpk/cvs/nt init
>
> *****CVS exited normally with code 1*****
>
> when I use the command string in a DOS-Box on my client machine:
> cvs -d :ntserver:cm-service:c:/mpk/cvs/nt init
> I get the following message:
> Bad repository root c:/mpk/cvs/nt
>
> Scenario 2:
> in the CVSNT-Service window I added a new "Valid Repository Root"
c:\mpk\cvs on the
> machine cm-service. Was successful, CVS-dir is created, so should work
fine.
> using an import command from Wincvs 1.3 to this repository causes an exit
with code
> 1, which means a problem
>
> again, when I use cvs import -I ! -I CVS -m 1 ringbuffer avendor arelease
from the
> command line in the dos box (ringbuffer is a subdir of my actual location
on my
> local disk)
> I get again this "bad repository root c:/mpk/cvs"
>
> Is it a problem of variables on my machine (I set the CVSROOT-Variable as
"set
> CVSROOT :ntserver:cm-service:c:/mpk/cvs")? I can ping the cm-service
machine and I
> have normal user rights.
>
> When I install the CVSNT on my local machine and access it via :ntserver:
I get the