[Cvsnt] Creating a new repository on ntserver not possible

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 6 22:13:12 GMT 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:46:10 +0000 (UTC), "Trenton D. Adams"
<tadams at extremeeng.com> wrote:

>try "CVSROOT=:ntserver:servername:d:\user\cvs"
>
>forward slash '/' won't work for an NT server I don't think.
>
>Under a unix variant try "CVSROOT=:ntserver:servername:d:\\user\\cvs"

No, this is untrue! Forward slashes can and should be used in all of
these circumstances because the CVS code is UNIX based no matter that
it is running on NT. It takes care of the /\ issue internally.
I always use / in all situations like this and it works very good.