[Cvsnt] Using CVS_RSH=ssh gives wrong user name "SYSTEM"

Terris terris at terris.com
Thu Dec 6 16:48:13 GMT 2001

Are you using SSH password authentication or SSH public key authentication?

cygwin's openssh server has a bug whereby if you use public key
authentication, the user is the user's that's running the sshd daemon rather
than the remote user.  The cygwin folks claim it's due to a problem with NT,
(funny how that's always the fall-back position for programmers)
but it's actually a problem with their understanding of NT.  They need to
look at the CVSNT 1.11.1.2 pserver code.

If you really have to use public key authentication, use
VanDyke's vshell.  http://vandyke.com

news:20011206062305.84F06D3EF at mail.emss.co.za...