[Cvsnt] Documentation on ACL features in build 43

Mike_Stopper at amsinc.com Mike_Stopper at amsinc.com
Mon Dec 10 17:13:14 GMT 2001

I've got full access to all the files in the e:/cvs/webroot directory, including
the perms and owner file.

A Java program run on the server can also open, read, and write to those files.

Thoughts?

My server is WinNT 4.0 SP6a.
Michael Stopper
Senior Principal / SPS Technical Architect
American Management Systems, Inc.
4114 Legato Road
Fairfax, Virginia  22033
703.227.6646 Office
703.227.4696 FAX
mailto:Michael.Stopper at ams.com

|-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------|
|                         |   tmh at nothing-on.tv     |                         |
|                         |   (Tony Hoyle)          |           To:           |
|                         |                         |   cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook       |
|                         |   12/10/2001 10:44 AM   |           cc:           |
|                         |                         |   (bcc: Mike            |
|                         |                         |   Stopper/AMS/AMSINC)   |
|                         |                         |           Subject:      |
|                         |                         |   Re: [Cvsnt]           |
|                         |                         |   Documentation on ACL  |
|                         |                         |   features in build 43  |
|-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------|

[IMAGE]
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:26:10 +0000 (UTC), Mike_Stopper at amsinc.com
wrote:

>What is the format of the CVSROOT/admin file?? =A0Couldn't find any mention=
> of it
>in the Cederqvist docs, and just putting in the user name doesn't seem to b=
>e the
>right setup, since after running

Just the username is fine.

>cvs edit: cannot read owner file in e:/cvs/webroot: Permission denied
>cvs edit: cannot open e:/cvs/webroot/perms: Permission denied
>cvs edit: cannot read owner file in e:/cvs/webroot: Permission denied
>cvs edit: cannot open e:/cvs/webroot/perms: Permission denied
>cvs [edit aborted]: cannot open CVS/Notify: No such file or directory

That looks like a filesystem error not an ACL one... no read access to
the directory.

[ pic20395.pcx of type application/octet-stream deleted ]