[Cvsnt] "no such user" error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Dec 9 20:57:14 GMT 2001

Use CVSNT 1.10.8 instead.
It treats the pserver protocol like you want it to (except you cannot
do per-user permissions).

With 1.11.x CVSNT has introduced a mapping towards "real" users as
opposed to the users in the password file in CVS. So with 1.11.x you
need to have the same user present in both the CVS password file and
in the system user database (and I guess that in a Domain it has to be
a domain user). You can alias the CVS login user to a system user in
the password file, but then the aliased user must be a valid NT user.

I might be wrong in which case Tony will probably correct this
message...

/Bo