[Cvsnt] Problem when using systemAuth=no

Joachim Achtzehnter joachima at netacquire.com
Wed Dec 12 23:26:38 GMT 2001

Glen Stampoultzis wrote,

> I then tried to check out a module and got the following error:
>
> Fatal error, aborting.
> user1: no such user
>
> Any ideas?  I tried using systemAuth=yes and got it to work (having created
> a real user first).

You are confused about the meaning of this parameter. All the users in the
password file must always exist as real users or must be aliased to real
users, no matter what systemAuth is set to.

The meaning of systemAuth is as follows: If systemAuth is "no" then CVS
will only accept users who have an entry in the password file. If
systemAuth is "yes" and the user is not in the password file CVS will let
you in anyway if you are a real user, i.e. it will fall-back to use the
"system" to authorize you.

Joachim

--
work:     joachima at netacquire.com   (http://www.netacquire.com)