[Cvsnt] Enabling pserver

Simon.Hall at transwareplc.ie Simon.Hall at transwareplc.ie
Fri Dec 14 09:41:16 GMT 2001

Hello,

I am wanting to enable pserver on cvsnt and wincvs clients.  I have read
the documentation and have come up with the following
method of requiring users to enter their network password when logging into
cvs.

1.  The cvsroot/passwd file defines the users allowed to login and the
domain to check their password against
     e.g. user1:!domain
          user2:!domain
          userX:!domain2
          userY:!domain3

2.  The CVSROOT in wincvs for the above users would be:
     :pserver:domain\user1 at cvsserver:c:/cvs
     :pserver:domain\user2 at cvsserver:c:/cvs
     :pserver:domain2\userX at cvsserver:c:/cvs
     :pserver:domain3\userY at cvsserver:c:/cvs

3. I have disabled the ntserver protocol and only enabled pserver protocol
_without_ pserver impersonation (if I enabled impersonation
I got the following error in wincvs when checking out a module:
Impersonation failed - configuration error.  Contact your System
Administrator.

Is this the correct way to enable pserver mode and passwords?  It seems to
work for me, but are there any better ways top do it?

Thanks,

Simon