[Cvsnt] What does the CVSNT installer do?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Dec 16 23:41:51 GMT 2001

I had 1.10.8 installed and then I tried to install 1.11.1.2(stable)
today. I did it to a new directory e:\programs\cvsnt1.11 which is
parallel to the existing 1.10.8 in e:\programs\cvs-nt.
It turns out that the setup does remove my existing 1.10.8 service
(ntservice) but it does not fix the paths so now the 1.11.1.2 is
installed but the path to itself is added to the end of the USER path
string rather than to the front of the SYSTEM path string. Thus my old
1.10.8 cvs will respond whenever a cvs call is made.
Is this intentionally or by oversight?

Which files are really needed?
I have done the above on my local test workstation in order to get at
the files themselves so I can copy them to the working CVSNT server.
Please list the files I need to copy in order to get the new stuff
working (of course cvs.exe, but are there some other files to also
copy?)
I want to upgrade the working server, to which I don't have physical
access, if possible to 1.11.1.2. I was under the impression that this
can be done using a simple copy of files and still using the existing
service. Then there will also not be any issues with the system path
as above.

TIA