[Cvsnt] User context switch in sshd using RSAAuthentication]

Daniel Lohmann daniel at uni-koblenz.de
Mon Dec 17 23:27:18 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nothing-on.tv>
To: <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Cvsnt] User context switch in sshd using RSAAuthentication]

> If you use LogonUser() then ImpersonateLoggedOnUser() then
> GetUserName() works.. however using NtCreateToken() then
> ImpersonateLoggedOnUser() stops GetUserName() working, even though the
> tokens are (as far as anyone can work out) identical.
>
> The context switch works and authentication is behaving correctly,
> it's just the one function returning the incorrect value, which makes
> ssh authentication under NT rather crippled.

I agree - this is a really strange one. Maybe the Win32 subsystem process
recognizes token creations which occur via Win32 calls and stores some meta
informations about it.
Did you try to duplicate the token created with NtCreateToken() via
DuplicateToken(Ex)() ?
Because this is a Win32 call, the duplicate may have all necessary
information.

Daniel