[Cvsnt] Setup for WinCVS to CvsNT connection

Kari Hoijarvi hoijarvi at me.wustl.edu
Wed Dec 19 13:30:35 GMT 2001

For quick help, try to scan the archive from
news://news.cvsnt.org/support.cvsnt. I just went through the setup pain and
wrote a few posts. They might be useful.

Print http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm, it has some
inaccuracies but it's generally useful.

First learn to use plain command line. There is WinCVS and my favorite
TortoiseCVS, which are useful, but the usability of CVS is not the same as
Visual SourceShredder. With VSS, I just ran the setup program and started to
use the system. That's unfortunately not possible with CVS.

Check out http://www.cvshome.org/docs/, especially
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/ref.html

I'm using the latest Beta version that Tony does not recommend, but I
haven't had any trouble with it except the painful setup.

Kari