[Cvsnt] questions about ntserver and pserver stuff... HELP :/
rhd at sparta.com
Wed Dec 19 20:16:29 GMT 2001
Hi guys... I'm having LOTS of problems... I just need to be clear about
**My setup right now is at work... we are on a domain called MCLEAN.
**The CVS server is an XP workstation box and IS a member of the domain
(other domain computers can see it) but does not have any domain users
on it (I've been admining it via the Administrator
** I've been experimenting with both 'stable' and latest beta 3 version.
1. First of all, will the above setup work using the 'ntdomain'?
2. If yes, if I don't use impersonation, each user needs his own account
on the box. Right?
3. SystemAuth must equal 'YES', right? (unless you specify domain in the
4. Using the above situation, will I be able to authenticate via the
domain using the passwd file "rob:!MCLEAN"?
5. If SystemAuth = YES, it will automatically try to authenticate via the
current domain right?
6. If SystemAuth = NO, and everything is authenticated via the passwd file,
does each user need to have an account on the machine (impersonate off)?
7. If not, then how do you set up permissions? Just assume 'SYSTEM'?
What I would like to do, is setup both NTSERVER and PSERVER (just incase
some linux ppl want to use it)
I've read all the info at devguy.com... but I just have so many
questions, and I hope I at least made a little sense...
Thanks to ANYONE that can help me!
Cvsnt mailing list
Cvsnt at cvsnt.org
More information about the cvsnt mailing list
Download the latest CVSNT, TortosieCVS, WinCVS etc. for Windows 8 etc.
@CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook