[Cvsnt] Which version is reported by cvs ver???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Apr 1 21:50:40 BST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 19:28:39 +0000 (UTC), Tony Hoyle
<tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> So my question now is:
>> From where did the 57b build come from on the server? The cvs.exe file
>> is marked 57c (I have doublechecked the file properties).
>>
>If you change the version you have to do a 'rebuild all' otherwise VC
>doesn't rebuild the resource files properly.  I've fallen for that a few
>times myself.
>
>Tony

Well,
this ain't it. The cvs.exe I use has the build 57c embedded (easily
seen on the properties page of the file), and it also has the green
icon I pushed in today.
Maybe the server does not report the version of cvs.exe, instead it
reports the version of cvsservice.exe????
Note: I just replaced the cvs.exe file, not the entire collection of
files on the server.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)