[Cvsnt] Using the Repository Prefix

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Tue Apr 2 05:56:36 BST 2002

Assume that your sandbox is in c:\sandbox

(1) Make a file called "NewRoot" that contains the new repository root.
Put this file in the root of your sandbox (c:\sandbox\NewRoot).
(2) in the sandbox, do "dir /b/s Root > a.bat"
(3) Open a.bat with your text editor and do a find&replace:
          find: "C:\"
          replace: "copy /Y NewRoot C:\"
     each line in this file will look like:
         "copy /Y NewRoot C:\sandbox\folder\Root"
(4) save the file run the resulting a.bat.

I'm sure that somebody that uses linux can come up with a one line
command to do this but I'm a GUI person myself.

- Brian