[Cvsnt] Latest versions of commit_prep.pl & log_accum.pl

Scott Deboy Scott.Deboy at VirtualDesign.Net
Tue Apr 2 19:12:47 BST 2002

Hi folks,

I can't get commit_prep.pl (from the contrib_nt directory) to work with
cvsnt.

I've added this entry to my commitinfo file:
DEFAULT commit_prep.pl -d -r -i "$CVSPID"

And I've added this entry to my loginfo file:
ALL log_accum.pl -d -m sdeboy at vdndev.net -i "$CVSPID" -r "$CVSROOT" -u
"$USER" %s

I have my cvsroot variable set to /localcvs (which is also what I used
in the -d option on cvs init), and I'm using blat to try and send email.
I've tried c:\localcvs and \localcvs for my cvsroot and cvs -d init
entries..nothing seems to make a difference.

I've copied the .pl scripts into /localcvs

I'm also running cvs from the windows command prompt, not cygwin (cvs
sees / as c:\ but cygwin sees it as c:/cygwin, so it's been a pain to
get cvsroot set correctly and work in bash.

Oddly, cvs complains that it can't find commit_prep.pl if I take it out
of /localcvs, but when it's in there, I get no debug messages.  However,
log_accum.pl does run, but can't find anything because commit_prep
didn't execute.

Any ideas?

I've looked in the FAQ and the manual but can't find anything.  Is there
a better version of these scripts than the ones on the tip in CVS at
http://cvs.cvsnt.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/cvsnt/contrib_nt/ ?

Thanks

Scott