[Cvsnt] :local: behaving differently from server modes

Francis Irving francis.irving at creaturelabs.com
Tue Apr 9 16:46:36 BST 2002

When checking out, I'm using the "-d" option (from in TortoiseCVS
again ;) to set the directory to check out into.  CVSNT behaves
differently for local and server modes.

In particular, doing "-d ./" works in local mode but not in pserver
mode.  And doing "-d e:/cvswork/directory" works in pserver mode but
not in local mode.

I understand that server uses totally different code to local in CVS
in general.

Should I try to change CVSNT to make them behavemore the same, or
would it be better just for TortoiseCVS to work round the problem and
use a different command for :local: connections?  I can see that the
former might cause compatiblity issues and be a minefield.

Francis