[Cvsnt] Latest Updates - Watch ? + user's right management

::Sebab abras at flashmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:54:58 BST 2002

Hello Tony

I'm following this mailing list for a while now and, as far as I know, you said that the watch command will be corrected in build 57b. Unfortunatly it is not, still crashing saying : "unknown command: watch_on/off/add/remove".

As I'm evaluating CVS for a possible replacement of VSS (it is already far better), I'm testing every features available.

By the way, knowing that I'm using the pserver protocol, what kind of user's right management do you recommand :
- using NT users permission  (--> rights by modules/directory)
- using chown and chacl   (--> rights by modules/directory)
- using the  administrative files admin, readers, writers  (--> rights by repository)

Config Server : WinNT4.0 SP 6, CVS Server 1.1.1.3 build57b
Config Client : WinNT4.0 SP6, Wincvs 1.3b8 build1, updated with cvs.exe and associated dll version 1.1.1.3 build57b

Thanks for all,

::Sebab