[Cvsnt] Windows 2000 /ntserver problems and other minor issue s

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Apr 11 22:48:49 BST 2002

Sounds like a networking problem on W2000. We have been struggling
with a connection problem on W2000 for some time now. The symptom is
that the network access to UNC named files stop working for 10 seconds
every 12 minutes, then return. This only happens on a system where we
have a MS Loopback adapter installed and only at this customer. We
cannot reproduce the problem in the office no matter what we do.
Switching off the loopback adapter cures the symptoms.

Strange MS effect????

/Bo

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:01:51 +0000 (UTC), Trogrlic Zeljko
<zeljko.trogrlic at SIEMENS.HR> wrote:

>This happens if more than 15 minutes passed after your previous request.
>First request will fail, second will succeed.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)