[Cvsnt] CVS, SSH on Win32

Gregor Kovac( gregor.kovac at mikropis.si
Fri Apr 12 12:50:43 BST 2002

Hi!

I have problem using CVS with SSH on Windows 2000.
I have installed OpenSSH Server v3.1-3 for Windows from
networksimplicity.com. I can connect to SSH as a regular user.
I have installed CVS server for NT 1.11.1.3.
Both ssh client and cvs client are in PATH.

I can use cvs with pserver, but not SSH.
What I did:
- disabled 2401 port on CVS server
- used CVS 1.11.1p1 client from www.cvshome.org for Windows 2000.
- set CVS_RSH to ssh (set CVS_RSH=ssh)
- used CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvsServer:/d/app/cvs/repository since my
CVS repository is in d:\app\cvs\repository

When I run cvs checkout module I get a prompt to enter my password,
which I did and then I get:
cvs: not found
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

What am I missing here?

Can you please help me out?

Best regards,