[Cvsnt] CVS, SSH on Win32

Leonid Krutyansky krut at orc.ru
Fri Apr 12 21:34:39 BST 2002

Hi, Gregor

> I have problem using CVS with SSH on Windows 2000.
Am I right that you're trying CVSNT server on W2k with SSH?

I think I have very close problems.
If you find a decision please, let me know ASAP !

> I have installed OpenSSH Server v3.1-3 for Windows from
> networksimplicity.com. I can connect to SSH as a regular user.
> I have installed CVS server for NT 1.11.1.3.
> Both ssh client and cvs client are in PATH.

I have CVS NT  1.11.1.2(41) server on W2k
and Pragma ssh server installed.
I can connect to the SSH server from another machine (W98) through LAN
with ssh client (Putty).
I have WinCVS client 1.3.7. Everything works OK with :pserver:
But I can not get CVS work with SSH.
Some time ago Tony wrote in the list that theoretically CVSNT server
should work with SSH, but it is tricky and he has never tried.

> - disabled 2401 port on CVS server
How you made this?

My server name is "WRC"
My user_name is "lk"
I have plink.exe ssh utility configured to transmit my user_account's
password  switched on with WinCVS, which works OK in a simple SSH
session.

What I get when I try to checkout module is something like this:

cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `lk at wrc's password:
' from cvs server
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `lk at wrc's password:
' from cvs server
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `lk at wrc's password:
' from cvs server

Look, when sshd server is stopped it gives different:

FATAL ERROR: Network error: Connection refused